Disney's The Little Mermaid
Next To Normal
right next to me
The 25th Annual Putnum County Spelling Bee
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)[revised]
The Marvelous Wonderettes
Side By Side By Sondheim
- Utah Shakespeare Festival
- Music and Lyrics by Irving Berlin
- Book by George S. Kaufman
- Adapted by Mark Bedard
- July 1 to October 15
- Randall L. Jones Theatre
- The Marvelous Wonderettes: Dream On
Director / Choreographer
- Stages Repertory Theatre
- Written by Roger Bean
- August 5th - September 18, 2016
- World Premiere
- Arkansas Repertory Theatre
- Book by Doug Wright
- Based on the Hans Christian Andersen story and Disney film
- Music by Alan Menken
- Lyrics by Howard Ashman and Glenn Slater
- December 04, 2015 - January 03, 2016
- It's difficult to single out what is most endearing about the show -- the great voices, charming costumes, dynamic dancing, a stage design that evokes the sea, or all of the above. Director Melissa Rain Anderson certainly knew how to assemble everything into a seamless whole, choreographer Adam Cates created some fancy footwork, and Rafael Colon Castanera designed costumes that must be seen to be believed.
– Jack W. Hill, Democrat-Gazette
- Geva Theatre Center
- Book & Lyrics by Eric Idle
- Music by John Du Prez & Eric Idle
- September 9 – October 11, 2015
- Wilson Stage
- Director Melissa Rain Anderson takes full advantage of the script’s wit and audacity, managing to draw bold performances from the stellar 17-member cast and orchestra in this fast-paced show that calls for swift scene and costume changes. The actors, one and all, deserve acclaim for not over-milking the broadness of the comedy and simply immersing themselves in it.
Puns, parodies, and a quest that even Indiana Jones couldn't resist. This is what makes Spamalot the ultimate live experience for Monty Python fans who want to sit back and have a rousing good time.
– Marcia Morphy, Rochester Democrat & Chronicle
- Geva favorite Melissa Rain Anderson -- who also directed Geva's "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" -- expertly directs "Spamalot." Anderson's direction is conscious of the physicality and timing needed for the quirky production to work.
– Leah Stacy, Rochester City Paper
- I also must give the director, Melissa Rain Anderson, so much credit for putting together a wonderful and side-splitting show... it is one of the best, if not the best, musical performance I have ever seen.
– Collin Arend, NY Theatre Guide
- ... sure-handed, gifted director... Melissa Rain Anderson’s bouncy direction and Lenny Daniel’s sharp choreography keep it moving briskly and performed with charm and solid skill.
– Herbert Simpson, Artes Magazine
- Geva Theatre Center
- Music and Lyrics by William Finn
- Book by Rachael Sheinkin